Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ray Wylie Hubbard - Become One with the Wylie!

I like hot Texas days. I like dank, live music bars. I like the blues. I like the 13th Floor Elevators. I like Lighting Hopkins and I like Texas. 

You put all that together in a martini shaker and shake the hell out of that thing and you get Ray Wylie Hubbard's album Grifter's Hymnal. I am not kidding when I say go download it...first buy it, then download it! Walt Wilkins was telling me that he heard Ray's last album and jokingly said, "What are you gonna do next? Beat on logs with sticks?" He said Ray just laughed and laughed because he knew that was pretty much what was coming! It's primal, it's sparse and it kicks all the ass!! Own it, learn it live it. I've said it before - when I grow up I'm going to play like Ray Wylie Hubbard. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment